I had a few conversations this week around making big changes to business to make bigger moves and then I read this quote from Warren Buffet that gave me a better perspective.
“The interesting thing about business, it’s not like the Olympics. You don’t get any extra points for the fact that something’s very hard to do. So, you might as well just step over one-foot bars, instead of trying to jump over seven-foot bars.”
~ Warren Buffett
We say this a lot here at AE…”What got you to where you are now is working. Don’t make big changes or massive upheavals. Make small tweaks in many areas. If you get 3% better in 10 different areas of your business that’s a 30% increase!”
Here are your Quick Hits:
- May 4th marked the new date to “Modernize Your Marketing” with testimonials!
- **Check with your compliance to make sure you abide by the new rules before launching.
- Check out a full page dedicated to Modernizing your Marketing here!
- Two 90+ year olds share their wisdom over a few diet cokes on Bitcoin, Robinhood and more at the Berkshire Shareholder meeting.
- Munger On Bitcoin:
- “I don’t welcome a currency that’s so useful to kidnappers and extortionists and so forth. Nor do I like just shuffling out a few extra billions and billions and billions of dollars to someone who just invented a new financial product out of thin air. I think I should say modestly that I think the whole damned development is disgusting and contrary to the interests of civilization, and I’ll leave the criticism to others.”
- The big picture: As the U.S. vaccine rollout continues to help bring the pandemic under control, more sectors of the economy are reopening and turbo-charging the country’s economist recovery.
- The stimulus payments accounted for $3.948 trillion of the overall seasonally adjusted $4.213 trillion rise in March personal income.
- The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers rose 2.6 percent for the 12 months ending March 2021, the largest over-the-year increase since August 2018.
- Food prices advanced 3.5 percent over the past 12 months, while energy prices increased 13.2 percent over that period. Prices for all items less food and energy rose 1.6 percent.
- Money arguments in marriage? – I didn’t know that was a thing! (Said No one ever)
- “For many people, the thought of entering financial coaching or money counseling means something is or has gone wrong,”
- Terrific article to read and share with clients