GOOOOOODDD Morning (or afternoon) Advisor partners!
(at the time I’m writing this) – 77% said some form of “Yes.”
Hopefully you are all too and they are working better than ever!
IF NOT- give our team a call and we can dive in and see where we can help.
Here are your Quick Hits:
- Solid charts and visuals for all S&P and Dow Jones Indedes
- S&P 500 is up 37.24% over the last 12 months!
- “More than nine million Americans said in May that they wanted jobs and couldn’t find them. Companies said they had more than nine million jobs open that weren’t filled, a record high.”
- The American government has been spending billions, creating booming demand in the United States. As new trade data shows, though, a meaningful share of this money is leaking overseas and going toward imported goods, in what economists call “fiscal leakage.”
- America is buying much more stuff from overseas, as its stimulus-fueled economy revs forward, while the rest of the world has not yet caught up and started buying more American exports. That is why the trade deficit was $68.9 billion in April, which was down from $75 billion in March, but far above levels of around $45 billion per month immediately before the pandemic. People are spending their stimulus money on imported furniture, appliances and other goods.
- “Thinking about money – saving it, spending it, and most of all, how to invest it – is something I have spent decades doing. This has led to recognizing several fundamental truths about capital.”
- “…most people actually overestimate the amount of money they’ll need to have saved for retirement so they don’t spend enough. Now, you could make the case returns will be much lower in the future, thus making the future path much harder to see such wonderful upside surprises.”
Chart of the week
Quote of the week
Your employees come first. And if you treat your employees right, guess what? Your customers come back, and that makes your shareholders happy.
Start with employees and the rest follows from that.”
– Herb Kelleher – Southwest Airlines Founder